Friday, January 1, 2021

burn


 

Two things:  1. Apparently drunk and relatively happy-ish Mel does not write depressed poetry aaaand 2. I reaallly wanna make a 'bringing in the new year with a bang' joke....but I'm not gonna.  Cuz, uhmm, propriety or some such nonsense? ???  Bonus thing 3. Thank all the gods for spellcheck, cuz #drunkMelisstilldrunk


[muuuuch later edit from sober Mel: un-typoed version below⤵]


•burn•

i'm sinking into this bottle and
feeling like i remember who i am
like the girl i grew to...almost love
finally swallowed up this maudlin woman
who won't get out of my skin
am i, am i burning bridges?
i might be, but the flames are so enthralling
can i blame their beauty?
because i want
i want to set fire to your words
this blistering heat on the tip of my tongue
will you drown me in molten warmth?
i want to bathe in the smouldering ash
engulf me flames,
...please?
i need to trace the lines of soot
as it frames these bodies like
the most delicate heirloom lace
it's the only lingerie i want to wear
remind me, remind me again
why we shouldn't burn?

No comments:

Post a Comment